9/25/2007

Update on the Basalt Bracelet


She likes it! Hurray!

I'm really glad, because I wasn't sure we were envisioning the same thing. It's always difficult to design new jewellery for someone else without basing yourself on an actual existing piece. You're never sure what you are imagining is even close to what your client wants. So, we sent pictures back and forth and kept the conversation going. And finally, we both were satisfied with the result.

It's funny. In my listing on Etsy, I described it as being "a delicious steampunk-style bracelet". It turns out that my client, an author, is writing a steampunk-themed novel at the moment! Coincidence? Probably. Then again, you know what they say about great minds and all that...

By the way, I'd be remiss if I didn't highly recommend checking out her works. Her name is Nathalie Gray and she's a fellow Canadian. Word to the wise, Nathalie writes romantic erotica (Hi Mom!) and hers is definitely not for the faint of heart. Her maxim is "Explosions and... romance?" If this sounds good to you, and it should, visit her website here. Her stories are totally kick-ass! And make sure you tell her Mel sent ya!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Of course I love it! Look at all this basalt goodness that I'll be flashing at the next book conventions...of course, the hordes may look and be awed, but if they touch...that's another story. :)

It was a pleasure doing business with you. Merci milles fois!